- April 2nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Quinn Hickory Smoked Cheddar – Cheesy Love Bites
We love ourselves some microwave popcorn and being midwesterners we love cheese popcorn just that much more. We’ve been keen on Quinn for quite some time for finally making a...
- March 11th, 2014
- Comments Off on Stonewall Kitchen’s New Aiolis – Spread Flavor, Dip Taste
There is good reason Stonewall has had a place on our shelves all these years. Their consistency in crafting some of the best specialty food stuffs on the market is...
- January 2nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Grace & I Dried Fruit Presses – Taste and Beauty, Squared
When collecting the pieces and parts of a cheese tray, it’s pretty simple and straightforward: soft, firm, aged, blue – pick out favorites, but finding the ideal counterpoint of sweet...
- December 4th, 2013
- Comments Off on Katherine Anne Confections – Dream Filled Candies
In the not too distant past, we were left with a pack of goodies from Katherine Anne. We picked through the bag till we landed on the cello labeled “Salted...
- November 27th, 2013
- Comments Off on Empire Mayo – Jars of Spreadable Happiness
During the fever pitch “what could they think of next” era in recent food history, there came a couple putting the food scene into a fury of “enough is enough.”...
- August 12th, 2013
- Comments Off on twofold Granola – Road Tested Goodness
When life on the road starts to drag you out and the stop-and-go snacks start to taste like the pavement while making you feel like the rubber between, it’s time...
- July 29th, 2013
- Comments Off on Our Cocktail Cherries – Capturing Flavor To Drink In
We’ve all been there. Made up some drinks and are stuck with neon red hulls soaking in cloying syrup as your garnish. Punch up your hard-earned drinks with something really...
- June 21st, 2013
- Comments Off on Scrumptious Pantry Heirloom Savory Salts ‘Herbal’ – A Mouthful In A Dash
In years, likely decades, past in Italy the way in which herbs were preserved was in a bed of sea salt. Family Farmers on Scrumptious Gourmet’s repertoire carry on this...
- June 20th, 2013
- Comments Off on Danny Macaroons – ‘Macs’ to the Max
Say hello to this Brooklyn born tasty treat. Coconut macaroons unlike those you have had, these are light and fluffy without the cloying sugar clump. Danny Macaroons are handmade with...
- June 12th, 2013
- Comments Off on Raaka Virgin Chocolate – Shifting the Bean
At SPG, we love chocolate, like LOVE love, like crazy persons. We’re always floored by the mastery a lot of the confectioners and chocolatiers. There is just that ‘something’ when...