- August 11th, 2016
- Comments Off on Farm in Focus: Driftless Organics
Great potatoes = great mash. It’s as simple as that. So that’s why we source our potatoes from Driftless Organics in Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin. The farm is run by 2...
- December 28th, 2015
- Comments Off on Tea Pigs – Tea Lovers in Hog Heaven
It started with tea, tea at one of those huge, really big tea companies. Where two people got to talking about quality and their addiction to mugs of the good...
- November 11th, 2015
- Comments Off on Potter’s Crackers New Look – Beauty & Flavor to Match
Southport Grocery and Potter’s Crackers go back quite a ways, our blog post featuring them dates back to 2010. We didn’t really do much marketing around their amazing crackers mostly...
- April 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Baker Miller – A Fresh Grind Is Best
There can be, and should be, much ink spilled in spotlighting the work Baker Miller is doing, has done, and will do for grains – for grains here in the...
- January 15th, 2015
- Comments Off on Thymely Herbals – Steeped in Flavor
In a time when tea is packed up in dark packages, metal cylinders, and every piece of the soak is sent nearly halfway across the world – we found a...
- May 22nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Eggs & Grits – Midwest Country-Style
In the cool mornings of spring and breeze-beaten days of summer we are at odds with heavy breakfasts. We like the warm comfort of our baked almond oatmeal, but need...
- May 2nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Manna Kale Chips – Healthy Snacking Done Right
It may come as a shock, but we’re pretty big eaters – meals, cocktails, nibbles, candies – the whole thing, and we quite enjoy ourselves a good snack. Thankfully Manna...
- March 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on Manna Nut Butters – Flavor Bridge to Healthy Spreads
In the wide swath of options when it comes to mashed up nuts it’s been a while since we found some we love. See, we absolutely love sophisticated nut butter....
- October 12th, 2013
- Comments Off on Date Lady Date Syrup – Flawless Delight
Let’s say you are looking to have a friend over for dinner, and said friend is a celiac. You’ve got gluten-free pasta, gluten-free starters, and the like; but you’d really...
- September 24th, 2010
- Comments Off on Serendipitea – Sip into relaxation
In the vast swaths of boxes and cans of tea out there, there sits a collection of indiscriminate brown boxes full of some of the best loose leaf tea, packaged in...