- June 28th, 2008
- Comments Off on Southport Grocery heads to the Big Apple
When most people hear the words “New York City” they think of a skyscraper packed skyline, bright broadway lights, fancy restaurants and sidewalks spilling over with hipsters and tourists loaded down with shopping bags. Not me. My mind immediately jumps to NYC’s enormous convention center, the Jacob K. Javits Center, which I’m pretty sure takes up Manhattan’s entire west side. And why do I think of this massive building? Because it is the home to this summer’s NAST Fancy Food Show….the place where we find many of our grocery products. The show is this weekend.
One of the highlights of the show is judging for the sofi awards. What are the sofi awards…a honor given to truly outstanding specialty foods: the best of the best. We will be tasting everything from cheese to chocolate and everything in between. Winners are annnouced at the end of the weekend. Stay tuned for what we bring to Southport Grocery.
Some finalists that we already carry:
- Terra Medi Bruschetta with Chopped Olives and Almonds
- Yarra Valley Dairy Marinated Feta
- Poco Dolce Aztec Chili Bittersweet Chocolate Tiles
- Creamnut Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Clusters
- Barefoot Contessa Lemon Curd
- Elena’s Insalata Della Casa Dressing
- Elena’s Mediterranean Stew Steamng Broth