- September 16th, 2017
- Comments Off on A house favorite: Pickled Cherry Bombs
Haven’t had a cherry bomb pepper before? Do yourself a favor and buy a jar today! These little guys have so much flavor. The canning process mellows out their flavor...
- November 4th, 2016
- Comments Off on Thanksgiving Catering 2016
We know what it’s like when your friends or family say they want to have Turkey Day at your house: pure panic, anxiety sweats, and wondering what in the world...
- February 5th, 2016
- Comments Off on 2016 Valentine’s Day Gift Guide – Traditional
Valentine’s day is a day steeped in love, chocolate and candy – and that is more than okay with us! Sometimes you need that kind of thing and what more...
- November 4th, 2015
- Comments Off on Thanksgiving Catering 2015
We know what it’s like when your friends or family say they want to have Turkey Day at your house. Pure panic, anxiety sweats, and wondering what in the world...
- October 28th, 2015
- Comments Off on Why We Don’t Sell Our Cupcakes Online Anymore
Let’s start by not pointing any fingers. Things change, companies function differently, and most importantly, we – Southport Grocery & Cafe – evolve. We had many conversations over the years...
- September 9th, 2015
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Vol 1
It’s a labor of love, from start to finish. We put so much into our preserves – close work with reps and direct farm sourcing, scouring for the right ingredients....
- September 2nd, 2015
- Comments Off on The Things We Like – Staff Picks #1
Our staff has a pretty keen eye for flavor and a daily interaction with the things on our shelf. We thought, who better than them to pick their favorite things...
- August 19th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Online Catering – Easily Best
We’ve been at this catering thing for a while, we rent our entire place in the evenings for private parties, corporate catering through our friends at cater2me, and of course...
- August 12th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our New Labels – Fresh Design
A lot of times it’s about who you know, it’s about the relationships you build to make the best of what you do, to have people with a particular set...
- June 17th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015 Father’s Day Gift Guide
Dads are pretty cool folks. They were there to tell us to ‘walk it off’, make fart jokes with, and have a tea party when we asked nice enough. He...