- May 28th, 2015
- Comments Off on Behind the Jar – Our Red Pepper Jelly
We’ve noticed only our ‘winning’ preserves garner most of the limelight, but we do a whole slew of canned goods that deserve a few words written about them just as...
- April 14th, 2015
- Comments Off on Red Pepper Jelly Recipes – With All The Meals
Breakfast Sandwich A simple and effective breakfast hunger squasher, a great go-to post-late nights. Cook time: 30 min 4 english muffins 4 breakfast sausage patties 4 slices butterkase cheese, or...
- December 16th, 2014
- Comments Off on Our Good Food Award Finalists – A Year of Prep
We wanted to take a moment to give our most recent title-holding preserves a bit of spotlight. The wonderful folks at The Good Food Awards gave two of our preserves...
- December 15th, 2014
- Comments Off on Recipes from Our Chalkboard – Our House-made Preserves
Asian Plum Marinade great for poultry, pork & beef Makes about 1 1/2 cups 1/4 cup Southport Grocery European Plum Preserves 3 T. hoisin sauce 2 T. canola oil 2...
- January 12th, 2012
- 1 Comment
You’ve seen jars of hot pepper jelly in the far flung corners of grocery stores for years. We think it’s an unsung hero of food. Some of the big-store versions...
- March 22nd, 2011
- Comments Off on Conserves, Preserves, and Jams – oh my!
There is a laundry list of types of fruit preserves – not only are there fruit possibilities but the different preserve styles. But what are the differences between a jam,...