- July 19th, 2016
- Comments Off on Farm in Focus: Cedar Ridge Farms
Happy chickens produce better eggs, and that’s certainly the case at Cedar Ridge Farms in Elgin, Iowa. We recently met Neal & Carolyn Lambright, the owners and sole operators of...
- March 17th, 2016
- Comments Off on Secret Supper – here’s what you’ve been missing!
After a few month’s hiatus, Secret Supper was back with a bang this month! Secret Supper is our version of the underground dinner – it’s our chance to break out...
- September 29th, 2015
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Brine Kits – Three is Key
Southport Grocery has been a long time fan of Urban Accents. We always have at least one little special thing from them on our shelves. One of the current special...
- December 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes From Our Chalkboard – Buckwheat Honey Recipes
When the cold wind comes plowing down our streets and making a warm blanket the place-to-be, we look to buckwheat honey to create a complex and rich sweetness that can...
- December 28th, 2012
- Comments Off on Alpha Zeta Soave – Just Right Pairing White
When winter comes and the deluge of dark chewy reds comes down the pipe, sometimes all we want is a light and tasty white wine. That is where Alpha Zeta...