- January 31st, 2017
- Comments Off on Secret Supper in Review: January 2017
course by course: cheese & mushroom tortellini in a mushroom & butternut squash broth house porter sausage with smoked cauliflower puree, brussels sprouts & bread & butter cauliflower ...
- September 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Underground Meats Summer Sausage – Meat The Best
Sometimes it’s best to keep things short and to the point. Just as The Underground Meats folks do. Simple ingredients, real meats from some of the best quality swine and...
- August 14th, 2014
- Comments Off on Prohibition Spice – Criminally Tasty Dashes
Picking up a seemingly innocuous package of Prohibition Spice, you’d not think you were holding one of the finest meat spice crafted here in the city – but the truth...
- June 30th, 2014
- Comments Off on Our Goods at Hot Dougs – On Top of The [encased] World
We’ve been kicking up our preservation efforts and started rolling out to wholesale. For our first accounts we wanted to go big and thought of our beloved encased meat purveyor:...
- March 29th, 2012
- Comments Off on Recipes from our Chalkboard – Sausages and Kraut
featuring our Kraut and Beer Shallot Mustard Serves 4-5 1 pint Southport Grocery kraut 2 tablespoons butter 4 slices bacon, chopped 1 yellow onion, peeled & sliced 2 sprigs fresh...
- September 22nd, 2010
- Comments Off on Vermont Sausage – The taste of real meat
Welcome one and all to the delicious world of smoked and cured meats. There are those cured meats from those ‘slim’ fellows who think packaged meat is supposed to be...