- December 9th, 2016
- Comments Off on Our Christmas Cookies
It’s finally Christmas cookie season! Our bakery has smelled even more delicious than usual this week, with wafts of buttery cookies and chocolate floating in the air. So we decided...
- October 18th, 2016
- Comments Off on Home baker’s heaven at Southport Grocery
It’s that time of year, when you break out your baking tins and want to make all the things on your perfectly curated Pinterest boards! Need a few baking staples...
- September 12th, 2016
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Mackenzie
Mackenzie, our Lead Baker, has been at Southport for about a year and a half. Creating the perfect chocolate mousse was an obsession of his as a kid, so it...
- April 11th, 2016
- Comments Off on Cookie Dough to go
For your convenience and delight, we have several options when it comes to desserts here at Southport Grocery & Cafe. You can of course enjoy a dessert in the cafe,...
- October 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Ethereal Confections Gluten Free Baking Mixes – Done Right
We aren’t ones to jump on something just because it’s cool. We always make sure it’s worth the space we make for it on our shelves. We’re all for gluten-free...
- December 9th, 2009
- Comments Off on A Book signing and a sweet taste
The famous Sarah Levy from Sara’s Pastries and Candies will be in-store this Saturday the 12th from noon – 2pm to sample her candy delights and sign her new book...
- July 10th, 2008
- Comments Off on Double Dutch Brownies Recipe
Double Dutch Brownies 2/3 cup double Dutch cocoa powder 1 cup flour 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar 1/2 cup powdered sugar 3/4 teaspoon salt 3 eggs 1/2 cup vegetable...
- December 20th, 2007
- Comments Off on Ladies & Gentlemen… Start Your Ovens!
The race is on over the weekend to finish any last minute shopping, gift wrapping and baking. Just remember, when it comes to baking, Southport Grocery & Cafe is the...
- August 7th, 2007
- Comments Off on Bea’s Ho-made Frozen Pies
I have been going to Door County since I was 5 years old…so, let’s say for quite some time now. For the first time this Memorial Day weekend I tried...