- July 6th, 2015
- Comments Off on Behind the Jar – Euro Plum Preserves
We’ve noticed only our ‘winning’ preserves garner most of the limelight, but we do a whole slew of canned goods that deserve a few words written about them just as...
- June 12th, 2014
- Comments Off on Spicemode – A Fresh Take The Real Deal
Authenticity isn’t something you can manufacture, pour in, or add a pinch of. It’s there or it isn’t, and one of our newest items on our shelf has it –...
- January 16th, 2013
- 1 Comment
It was a few summers ago now. At a time where food culture was just kicking in my bloodstream and local farmer’s markets were closing more and more cross streets...
- August 20th, 2012
- Comments Off on Summer Preserves – Savor the Sunshine
When Winter finally shows up, or heck even Fall, there are times where we want to be transported back to the days of warm weather, beaches, cookouts and of course...
- July 24th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our Pickled Beets – Red Canned Memories
A lot of the canning we do in store is bringing the old nearly forgotten recipes, those recipes that our mom’s used to make us, and making them shine again....
- February 6th, 2012
- Comments Off on Citrus Marmalade & Apricot Chutney – Jazz Up Your Spread
From our upstairs kitchen, comes more canning goodness – we just put out our Apricot Chutney and Citrus Marmalade jars out and they are ready to take home. Inside the chutney:...