- May 13th, 2016
- Comments Off on Urban Accents – Grilled Fruit with a twist
We’ve always loved Urban Accents – they’re based in Chicago and do a great job of creating exciting spice blends that tantalize the tastebuds and make everything we cook taste...
- September 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Underground Meats Summer Sausage – Meat The Best
Sometimes it’s best to keep things short and to the point. Just as The Underground Meats folks do. Simple ingredients, real meats from some of the best quality swine and...
- May 8th, 2015
- Comments Off on Spice Heist – A Prohibition On the Average
After a quick name change, Spice Heist rose above and is pushing out even more delicious spice mixes to our shelves. We have carried their delicious hand-mixed spices for sausages...
- December 30th, 2014
- Comments Off on The Spice House Mulling Spices – A Left Hook To Winter’s Grip
It’s the midwest, in the grips of winter and we’re gearing up for cider season. There are few things in life more satisfying than scooping a mulled wine from a...
- August 14th, 2014
- Comments Off on Prohibition Spice – Criminally Tasty Dashes
Picking up a seemingly innocuous package of Prohibition Spice, you’d not think you were holding one of the finest meat spice crafted here in the city – but the truth...
- November 22nd, 2013
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Fall Flavors – Gather ‘Round Some Warmth
Sure the leaves have pretty much all dropped, but those delicious fall flavors are still just as tasty as ever. With winter’s grip bearing down on us there couldn’t be...
- October 29th, 2013
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Flavor Three Ways – Trois Facile
In the spice of life we always seem be caught up getting one spice for one task and used well… about once a year. We’re looking at you pumpkin spice...
- September 14th, 2013
- Comments Off on Cackalacky – Fun to Say, Better to Eat
It’s pretty easy to say “oh well, it’s hot sauce.” But you’d be missing a lot of what this sauces is all about. Cackalacky is a sauce with heat, sure,...
- October 16th, 2012
- Comments Off on The Spice House Chicago Blends – Taste Thy Town
We’ve professed our love for The Spice House a few years ago. We did, however, fail to mention just how spectacular their Chicago blends are. Let’s not mince words here:...