- July 13th, 2016
- Comments Off on Little Red Dot’s Bak Kwa – Yes that’s a real thing!
We didn’t know what it was either! Turns out Bak Kwa (pronounced: buck k’wah) is a salty and sweet dried meat, similar to jerky but prepared slightly differently. It’s a...
- July 3rd, 2016
- Comments Off on Herby Pop – the Perfect Snack
When the founder of Herby Pop, Mellini Monique, first reached out to us, we were so taken with the cute name and amazing flavor range that we just had to...
- June 30th, 2016
- Comments Off on Sencha Naturals – get your Green Tea Latte on!
Matcha has experienced an explosive popularity surge these last few years and it’s not surprising given all the health benefits and amazing flavor. Matcha is simply stone ground green tea,...
- June 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Father’s Day Gift Guide 2016
Father’s Day is right around the corner – this Sunday, June 19th, to be precise! Here are some ideas for a tasty day celebrating Dad: Great for Grilling: Smoke Daddy...
- June 13th, 2016
- Comments Off on Big Picture Farm = Where Happy Goats Create Magic
Handmade in Vermont, these goat milk caramels are really something special. Their small scale, sustainable farm raises healthy, happy, free range goats who produce the highest quality milk that is...
- May 20th, 2016
- Comments Off on Katherine Anne Marshmallows – gourmet pillows of goodness
We love a good flavored marshmallow, so where better to source them than Katherine Anne Confections, based right here in Chicago. They have plenty of amazing flavors but here are...
- May 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Sfoglini – Brooklyn based small batch pasta
Brooklyn based Sfoglini have been creating small batch, artisan pasta since 2012. Since then, they’ve been perfecting their art and getting more and more creative with what ingredients they use....
- May 13th, 2016
- Comments Off on Urban Accents – Grilled Fruit with a twist
We’ve always loved Urban Accents – they’re based in Chicago and do a great job of creating exciting spice blends that tantalize the tastebuds and make everything we cook taste...
- May 10th, 2016
- Comments Off on Dark Matter – coffee and art wrapped up in one package
We’re excited to add a new coffee range to our shelves. Introducing Dark Matter’s A Love Supreme, Brain Tentactles and Giant Steps! Their unique names and packaging are certainly eye...
- May 5th, 2016
- Comments Off on Miss Marjorie’s – Plantain chips with a serious crunch
We’re currently the only stockists of Miss Marjorie’s Steel Drum Plantains in Chicago, so come by and try them out! They’re a new favorite amongst the staff here at Southport...