- August 14th, 2012
- Comments Off on Pork Confit – An Exercise in Restraint
So we like to shake up the menu, keep things fresh. Sometimes in these refreshes we strike gold and really like the new thing. Sometimes, we strike… diamonds or platinum...
- July 24th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our Pickled Beets – Red Canned Memories
A lot of the canning we do in store is bringing the old nearly forgotten recipes, those recipes that our mom’s used to make us, and making them shine again....
- July 18th, 2012
- Comments Off on Illinois Sparkling Co’s Stereo – Turned Up To 11
Illinois Sparkling Co is a pretty awesome winery, this we know. We know they make fantastic bubbly from the hearth of Illinois. We know their passion for getting things ‘right.’...
- June 18th, 2012
- 1 Comment
It’s been there for years. Our white powder coated wrought-iron, super heavy, modern wrap-around. Slung from either our basement or our upstairs back patio, every year, nearly adding a third...
- May 16th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our Cheesy Love – Prairie Pure Cheese
In our first edition of ‘Our Cheesy Love’ we are headed out toward Rockford where they hold the keys (and cows) to some of the best tasting Butterkäse we could find,...
- May 5th, 2012
- Comments Off on Southport Grocery & Cafe’s Chilaquiles
Sometimes we can get a bit verbose here on our blog – we admit it. But with one of our newest items we thought we’d let the picture do most...
- March 30th, 2012
- Comments Off on Heritage Bikes – Bridging a Gap
Just eleven blocks south on Southport (and a small turn down Lincoln Ave) a bike shop has sprung up – er… coffee shop. Well, both, really. In the long lines of...
- March 8th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our New Broccoli Salad – Lemon, Peanuts, and A Whole Host of Flavor
You may have already noticed, but we wanted to take a second to pull the spotlight on our new broccoli salad. Some would ask, what – exactly – is so special about...
- March 6th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our New Stuffed French Toast – An Orange Dream
Our chef likes to describe it as tasting like a breakfast ‘Orange Dreamsicle,’ this breakfast love is made with LorAnn’s Orange Emlusion, and in-house made Seville marmalade. Our stuffed french toast is...
- January 23rd, 2012
- Comments Off on Red Velvet Cupcake – A Red Mystery
Since around the middle of this past summer we’ve started carrying Red Velvet cupcakes in our bakery. It started off simply as someone asking for some in a catering order,...