- September 5th, 2017
- Comments Off on Yes you can add “Stardust” to your food, thanks to Rancho Gordo
The jar label says “everybody can use a little stardust” and we completely agree! Their main suggestion is to cut up fruit & dip it for an addictive snack or...
- October 18th, 2016
- Comments Off on Home baker’s heaven at Southport Grocery
It’s that time of year, when you break out your baking tins and want to make all the things on your perfectly curated Pinterest boards! Need a few baking staples...
- February 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Chili Nib Rub – spice up your life!
If you’ve tried our Chili Nib Rub Pork Sandwich, then you’ll know that this spice mix is the stuff of dreams! It’s an incredibly versatile BBQ spice blend that we...
- September 29th, 2015
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Brine Kits – Three is Key
Southport Grocery has been a long time fan of Urban Accents. We always have at least one little special thing from them on our shelves. One of the current special...
- June 17th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015 Father’s Day Gift Guide
Dads are pretty cool folks. They were there to tell us to ‘walk it off’, make fart jokes with, and have a tea party when we asked nice enough. He...
- September 15th, 2014
- Comments Off on Char Crust® – A Juicy History
When picking a product off our shelves, there is always a story – which is why this blog exists – from the far-flung friends that came to craft a snack,...
- August 14th, 2014
- Comments Off on Prohibition Spice – Criminally Tasty Dashes
Picking up a seemingly innocuous package of Prohibition Spice, you’d not think you were holding one of the finest meat spice crafted here in the city – but the truth...
- June 12th, 2014
- Comments Off on Spicemode – A Fresh Take The Real Deal
Authenticity isn’t something you can manufacture, pour in, or add a pinch of. It’s there or it isn’t, and one of our newest items on our shelf has it –...
- November 19th, 2013
- Comments Off on Blue Lotus Chai – Tiny Spoon, Big Flavor
Amongst the underwhelming and overpowered chai there but a few worth sinking in an armchair with. In recent history we came across a tin of Blue Lotus and wanted to...
- May 8th, 2013
- Comments Off on May’s Special Cupcake
Mid-August we kicked off a cupcake contest and collected customer ideas. A couple stuck out right away. Something about them made our collective mouths water. Two flavors were pulled: horchata...