- March 27th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Quiche – Fresh Made Everyday
We may be at this quiche thing for a short while, but given our slant to breakfast, pie crust, and savory awesomeness – we thought it high time we made...
- March 13th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Featured Brewery – Arcade Brewery
At Southport Grocery, we’ve moved to a scaled down beer list, focusing on a single, small, local brewery to cast a spotlight on their greatness and continued effort to their...
- March 11th, 2015
- Comments Off on Q & A With Chef Kevin
Kitchens are environments in constant motion; knives cut and chop, ovens churn out heat, mixers blend dry and wet ingredients, and chefs move from one task to the next in...
- February 11th, 2015
- Comments Off on Hash – A Change in Potatoes
Our hash has been a staple on our menu for a long time, as in just about as long as we’ve served breakfast. It was born from the Hopple Popple’s...
- January 15th, 2015
- Comments Off on Thymely Herbals – Steeped in Flavor
In a time when tea is packed up in dark packages, metal cylinders, and every piece of the soak is sent nearly halfway across the world – we found a...
- July 29th, 2014
- Comments Off on Summer ’14, Strawberry French Toast
It’s becoming a tradition of sorts, to bring the sun-drenched necked red beauties to our ever-present Stuffed French Toast. We pull from flats of ripe strawberries and get to work...
- July 24th, 2014
- Comments Off on Our Summer Sodas – On Tap Deliciousness
In the heat, or in the comfort – this year thus far, it’s always nice to pull a draw of soda. A sip of some heat squelching liquid can make...
- June 12th, 2014
- Comments Off on Our Patty Melt – A Savory Spring Delight
When thinking of our deep love for spring and all that comes with it, we couldn’t help but think of our times wading through the air and pulling up to...
- June 5th, 2014
- Comments Off on On The Menu – Chili-nib Roasted Pork Sandwich
We aren’t going to pretend we know how the mind of our Chef, Derrick, works – but suffice to say we’re glad it works the way it does. His recent...
- May 22nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Eggs & Grits – Midwest Country-Style
In the cool mornings of spring and breeze-beaten days of summer we are at odds with heavy breakfasts. We like the warm comfort of our baked almond oatmeal, but need...