- October 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Ethereal Confections Gluten Free Baking Mixes – Done Right
We aren’t ones to jump on something just because it’s cool. We always make sure it’s worth the space we make for it on our shelves. We’re all for gluten-free...
- September 29th, 2015
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Brine Kits – Three is Key
Southport Grocery has been a long time fan of Urban Accents. We always have at least one little special thing from them on our shelves. One of the current special...
- May 8th, 2015
- Comments Off on Spice Heist – A Prohibition On the Average
After a quick name change, Spice Heist rose above and is pushing out even more delicious spice mixes to our shelves. We have carried their delicious hand-mixed spices for sausages...
- April 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Baker Miller – A Fresh Grind Is Best
There can be, and should be, much ink spilled in spotlighting the work Baker Miller is doing, has done, and will do for grains – for grains here in the...
- April 7th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015 Mother’s Day Gift Guide
We love our moms. They brought us into this world and – if we don’t get a good gift – they can take us out. Thankfully we’re here to help...
- September 16th, 2014
- 1 Comment
Recently, a couple of our team took in a day at the beloved Illinois Sparking Company winery. They were not there just to ogle the vines, eat a handful of...
- August 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on Wildfire Honey – A Sting of Heat
It starts with a spark – a little idea that kindles it’s way onto your plate. A spread of sweet sauce with a bit of punch and the first bite...
- July 3rd, 2014
- Comments Off on Hazzard Free Farm Grits – Locally Grown Jewels
When you taste the real thing, it’s hard to go back. Belly up to real actual corn grits, or small batch rolled oats and the difference is shocking. Heritage is...
- April 17th, 2014
- Comments Off on Ludwig Farmstead Creamery Cheese – Local Cheese Done Right
In the flat-earth portion of Illinois, where the ground and sky meet at the very edges of the horizon, and short drive east from Urbana – it’s there great cheese...
- March 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on Pirro’s New Sauce – Pretty Boss
We’ve been close followers of Pirro’s since we picked them up last year. Now they’ve pushed out a couple of new pasta sauces that are as good if not better...