- July 29th, 2013
- Comments Off on Our Cocktail Cherries – Capturing Flavor To Drink In
We’ve all been there. Made up some drinks and are stuck with neon red hulls soaking in cloying syrup as your garnish. Punch up your hard-earned drinks with something really...
- July 3rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes From Our Chalkboard – Our Apricot Chutney
Travel a bit in history with us while we pull up unposted recipes we’d love to share. Chutney Shredded Chicken Serves 4 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced 4 boneless skinless...
- July 3rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes from our Chalkboard – Fat Toad Farm Goat Milk Caramel
Apple Cinnamon Caramel Bundt Cake 2 1/2 cups all-pupose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 3/4 teaspoon Salt 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 2...
- June 27th, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes from Our Chalkboard – Our Preserved Lemons
We noticed a gaping hole in our posting on this blog recently – our recipes posted right up on our wall, well technically it’s a recipe idea on our chalkboards,...
- June 20th, 2013
- Comments Off on Complimentary Ramps – They’ll Go With It
` We ‘brought it’ with ramps this year. We snagged as many as we could, and we have been putting them in all kinds of things. We’ve got quite the...
- June 19th, 2013
- Comments Off on SPG’s Stawberry Lemonade Drink Starter
We take a lot of pride in the canned goods we make, but sometimes it goes places not even you expected, beauty holds you. Our preservationist, Melanie, had finished some...
- June 17th, 2013
- 1 Comment
Right around where the eye would be of the man’s head of Iowa – a boy was born, in the town of Waterloo, his name: Chad Allen. His Iowa roots,...
- March 13th, 2013
- Comments Off on Pancakes, Down Pat
We’re pretty big pancake people. Our menu features both our Cupcake Pancakes and Bread Pudding Pancakes. We tend to think of ourselves as some pretty big fans, and even minor...
- March 7th, 2013
- Comments Off on Stonewall Kitchen New Additions – Easy Meals and Addons
New to our shelves and new to Stonewall Kitchen, a whole tasty lineup of easy meals, and a great sauce; all help make meals a whole bunch easier, and really...
- February 16th, 2013
- Comments Off on Late Winter 2013 Chalkboard
This winter we’re ready for the cold with Pirro’s pasta, a staff favorite, for it’s old world taste and locally made craftsmanship. The sauces are rich and perfect for just...