- April 20th, 2016
- Comments Off on The Southport Ding Dong – foil wrapped nostalgia!
Ding Dong! (pretend that was a bell ringing!) This deliciously moist chocolate cake has a creamy marshmallow filling and is dipped in chocolate, resulting in a rich and yummy dessert...
- April 11th, 2016
- Comments Off on Cookie Dough to go
For your convenience and delight, we have several options when it comes to desserts here at Southport Grocery & Cafe. You can of course enjoy a dessert in the cafe,...
- April 7th, 2016
- Comments Off on Staff Picks for Spring 2016
Our staff are all food lovers and they have daily interaction with the products on our shelves. We asked everyone what they’re enjoying most right now, to give you a...
- March 24th, 2016
- Comments Off on The best mint jelly you’ll try!
It’s almost Easter and we all know what that means – family gatherings, lots of colorful candy and of course, roast lamb with mint jelly. This year, skip the neon...
- March 23rd, 2016
- Comments Off on Southport Grocery Drizzle Pretzels – snack heaven!
Introducing one of the most moreish things we create at Southport Grocery: the drizzle pretzel (and yes, moreish means they taste so good that you want to eat more) Our...
- February 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Chili Nib Rub – spice up your life!
If you’ve tried our Chili Nib Rub Pork Sandwich, then you’ll know that this spice mix is the stuff of dreams! It’s an incredibly versatile BBQ spice blend that we...
- September 18th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Spicy Dill Pickles – An Even Heat
Our Spicy Dill Pickles start just like our Pickled Green Tomatoes, save for one very important distinction – our chili flakes and house-dehydrated chile de árbols. The vinegar brine heats...
- September 9th, 2015
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Vol 1
It’s a labor of love, from start to finish. We put so much into our preserves – close work with reps and direct farm sourcing, scouring for the right ingredients....
- September 4th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Summer Berry Shrub – Bottled Summer Sun
We’re becoming quite keen on the flavor profile of shrubs. Sure kombuchas have a place as well as sodas, but when the two meet, magic arises creating a drinkable –...
- September 2nd, 2015
- Comments Off on The Things We Like – Staff Picks #1
Our staff has a pretty keen eye for flavor and a daily interaction with the things on our shelf. We thought, who better than them to pick their favorite things...