- September 20th, 2017
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Celeste
Celeste has been baking with us since early Summer. She’s a graduate of the French Pastry School here in Chicago, with both pastry and bread courses under her belt. She...
- October 18th, 2016
- Comments Off on Home baker’s heaven at Southport Grocery
It’s that time of year, when you break out your baking tins and want to make all the things on your perfectly curated Pinterest boards! Need a few baking staples...
- April 20th, 2016
- Comments Off on The Southport Ding Dong – foil wrapped nostalgia!
Ding Dong! (pretend that was a bell ringing!) This deliciously moist chocolate cake has a creamy marshmallow filling and is dipped in chocolate, resulting in a rich and yummy dessert...
- January 10th, 2014
- Comments Off on Our Savory Muffin – A Handful of Richness
Here at the store, we’re always trying to find that extra something. A bakery full of sweets was calling to us, something savory to munch on for breakfast. Of course,...
- December 9th, 2013
- Comments Off on 2013 Gift Giving Guide – Locavore
In our first ever gift giving guide, we wanted to give a helping hand in picking out a theme for someone as gifts. Pick and choose one or more items...
- May 3rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Southport Grocery’s Own Rye Bread
In the world of breads there are a few treasures, some truly fantastic cuts of doughy goodness that they’re impossible to ignore. We tend to think our rye bread is...
- January 9th, 2012
- Comments Off on LorAnn Professional Kitchen Bakery Emulsions – Better [than] Extract
Baking has it’s draw. There is just something special about getting things just right, pouring/scooping the mix onto the baking sheet or pan, and pulling out a completed dish. A perfect...
- December 21st, 2010
- Comments Off on Gingerbread, christmas harkens thee
A few pictures from our bakers frosting the gingerbread men. So adorable! Pick up a few to top off those stockings or to attach to the top of your presents. Gingerbread...
- December 17th, 2010
- Comments Off on Toni’s ‘stollen’ our notions of a holiday tradition
Nestled in the Chicago suburb of Hinsdale, a city speckled with golf courses and a quaint downtown chock-full of adorable shops there is a bakery called Toni making the best German Stollen...
- September 16th, 2010
- Comments Off on Salted Caramel Chocolate Cupcake
When thinking about the deluge of possible cupcake flavors and mixings we thought we’d give our dear readers and followers a try at creating a cupcake. We’d pick a winner,...