- July 3rd, 2015
- Comments Off on Carrot Marmalade – Two Hearts Become One
Our preservationist is like a lot like other artists, trying to twist and edge out a flavor profile that compliments, heightens, or changes the preserve. This came into play when...
- September 29th, 2014
- Comments Off on Ames Farm Dandelion Honey – Hive to Jar Deliciousness
Bottle up some of nature’s only manufactured good and you’ve got liquid gold, square up your hives around a single source of sugar, and well – then you’ve got a...
- November 11th, 2013
- Comments Off on Hella Bitter – The Best Bitter Brooklyners
You’ve got your small barrel aged bourbon, locally distilled vodka, heck – you’ve likely got artisan syrups; then you’ve got that old crusty bottle wrapped in paper you picked up...
- March 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Quince & Apple’s Citrus – Spring Inducing Flavor
Well… they’ve done it again. With a simple word, like a spell cast over our drink, a whisper in the wind and a left hook of taste in a inconspicuous...
- December 28th, 2012
- Comments Off on Alpha Zeta Soave – Just Right Pairing White
When winter comes and the deluge of dark chewy reds comes down the pipe, sometimes all we want is a light and tasty white wine. That is where Alpha Zeta...
- February 6th, 2012
- Comments Off on Citrus Marmalade & Apricot Chutney – Jazz Up Your Spread
From our upstairs kitchen, comes more canning goodness – we just put out our Apricot Chutney and Citrus Marmalade jars out and they are ready to take home. Inside the chutney:...