- February 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Caramel Sauce Made the Old School Way – Hot Cakes White Sage Caramel Sauce
Have you ever had sage in your caramel sauce? Nope? Same here! We’re big fans of all Hot Cakes products and this baby is no exception, so we’re thrilled...
- January 22nd, 2016
- Comments Off on Brooklyn Wok Shop Chili Oil – Dialed in Heat
In the bustling markets across New York, a seemingly average jar of chili oil is stacked under smiling faces. The sauce comes from a family with a history in making...
- December 29th, 2015
- Comments Off on BLiS Soy – A Sauce Worth Its Wait
BLiS has been a staple on our shelves for a few years – with their White Truffle Oil, Hot Sauce, and a couple others – and we’ve carried their Barrel...
- November 17th, 2015
- Comments Off on Clancy’s Fancy – Three Levels of Heat
Ann Arbor has been a long-standing bastion of locally produced goods, supporting loads of products and names that are now synonymous with small batch foods across the country. It isn’t...
- September 16th, 2015
- Comments Off on Colonel Pabst Worcestershire – Boss Sauce
There is history to this sauce, but first we address the why. We are obsessed with finding the best things, be it vinegars for our pickles, ingredients used in the...
- December 12th, 2014
- Comments Off on Russ & Franks Sassy BBQ Sauce – Slather Flavor
"We currently carry their Sassy sauce - which provides the right amount of punch and a wide breadth of flavor. It's hearty and rich like any good mid-western style is, but provides enough bite to back up it's swagger."
- August 11th, 2014
- 1 Comment
In the warming mornings of early May, a couple of our staff took a spell over at Sauce & Bread – the digs that house both Co-Op Hot Sauce &...
- May 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on BLiS BLAST Hot Sauce – Pour On A Heat Wave
Our fandom of BLiS’s goods has been longstanding – and their newest edition is no different. For their Blast sauce, they’ve paired three powerful peppers with their ever-present barrels and...
- December 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Recipes From Our Chalkboard – Buckwheat Honey Recipes
When the cold wind comes plowing down our streets and making a warm blanket the place-to-be, we look to buckwheat honey to create a complex and rich sweetness that can...
- February 16th, 2013
- Comments Off on Late Winter 2013 Chalkboard
This winter we’re ready for the cold with Pirro’s pasta, a staff favorite, for it’s old world taste and locally made craftsmanship. The sauces are rich and perfect for just...