- December 15th, 2016
- Comments Off on Smokey Chili Jam – adding some heat this Holiday season
We made Smokey Chili Jam for the first time last year and it was so popular that our limited edition first run sold out within weeks. This year, we’ve made...
- November 9th, 2016
- Comments Off on New Preserves
We had an appearance at the Low Line Market’s community stand this Summer, and a long term customer came up and told us that she wished we made pie filling....
- September 19th, 2016
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Stephanie
Stephanie, an Assistant Manager, has been with us for about a year now. She happened to be eating in the cafe with a friend and realized we were hiring so...
- September 12th, 2016
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Mackenzie
Mackenzie, our Lead Baker, has been at Southport for about a year and a half. Creating the perfect chocolate mousse was an obsession of his as a kid, so it...
- August 12th, 2016
- 1 Comment
Tanner, our Chef de Cuisine, is at the helm of the Southport ship, making sure everything runs smoothly in the kitchen. His easy going manner and kitchen skills keep us...
- April 20th, 2016
- Comments Off on The Southport Ding Dong – foil wrapped nostalgia!
Ding Dong! (pretend that was a bell ringing!) This deliciously moist chocolate cake has a creamy marshmallow filling and is dipped in chocolate, resulting in a rich and yummy dessert...
- October 28th, 2015
- Comments Off on Why We Don’t Sell Our Cupcakes Online Anymore
Let’s start by not pointing any fingers. Things change, companies function differently, and most importantly, we – Southport Grocery & Cafe – evolve. We had many conversations over the years...
- October 23rd, 2015
- Comments Off on Our New Burger – Midwest Is Best
We got to tinkering a few weeks ago. We loved how our burger was, love it for the many, many years it lived on our menu but wanted something a...
- October 8th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015’s Halloween Treats – Ghoulish Goodies
We love a little holiday flair here at the store and standard Halloween goodies need an update. We brought in a handful of fall and Halloween sweets just in time...
- September 18th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Spicy Dill Pickles – An Even Heat
Our Spicy Dill Pickles start just like our Pickled Green Tomatoes, save for one very important distinction – our chili flakes and house-dehydrated chile de árbols. The vinegar brine heats...