- December 15th, 2016
- Comments Off on Smokey Chili Jam – adding some heat this Holiday season
We made Smokey Chili Jam for the first time last year and it was so popular that our limited edition first run sold out within weeks. This year, we’ve made...
- January 22nd, 2016
- Comments Off on Brooklyn Wok Shop Chili Oil – Dialed in Heat
In the bustling markets across New York, a seemingly average jar of chili oil is stacked under smiling faces. The sauce comes from a family with a history in making...
- January 6th, 2016
- Comments Off on Mixedmade Trees Knees – Sweet Heat
Where it starts is in the Catskills, the rolling meandering green coated mountains that take up the most part of the state of New York. It comes from Sugarbush, what...
- September 18th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Spicy Dill Pickles – An Even Heat
Our Spicy Dill Pickles start just like our Pickled Green Tomatoes, save for one very important distinction – our chili flakes and house-dehydrated chile de árbols. The vinegar brine heats...
- April 24th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our Carrot Ginger Shrub – A Bit of Brightness
We’ve been keen on the sour side of things for a while and when we came across the magic of the shrub we had to try to make a few...
- September 3rd, 2014
- Comments Off on Lillie’s Q Hot Pepper Vinegar – Warm Up to Sour
“A dab’ll do ya“, may not always apply to us when it comes to vinegars. The way the bright acidity crashes against the budding flavors of whence it came. That...
- August 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on Wildfire Honey – A Sting of Heat
It starts with a spark – a little idea that kindles it’s way onto your plate. A spread of sweet sauce with a bit of punch and the first bite...
- May 22nd, 2014
- Comments Off on Tumbador Chocolate – Fun Grown Up Candies
At Southport Grocery, we’re always on the hunt for things that are fun and delicious. When Tumbador came knocking with sweet treats like their Crazy Little Animals, we couldn’t pass...
- March 11th, 2014
- Comments Off on Stonewall Kitchen’s New Aiolis – Spread Flavor, Dip Taste
There is good reason Stonewall has had a place on our shelves all these years. Their consistency in crafting some of the best specialty food stuffs on the market is...
- April 14th, 2013
- Comments Off on Vintage Vine – Bloody Beautiful
We’re pretty hesitant to carrying too many of one kind of product. We’ve got really limited shelf space and we want to feature the best of the best. Well, when...