- April 10th, 2017
- Comments Off on French Style Caramels from California
Attending culinary school in Paris gave Justin Chao all the inspiration he needed to start his own caramel company, Le Bon Garçon. He enjoyed the pastry classes so much that...
- March 29th, 2017
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Terri
Terri has been baking for us since June of 2015. Believe it or not, the biggest chunk of her professional life has been in medical device sales, not in crafting...
- March 23rd, 2017
- Comments Off on New Jars on the Shelves
NEW: Spicy Brown Mustard We wanted to create something a little different for our mustard department and this was the result. It’s very spicy so great for true mustard fans...
- March 13th, 2017
- Comments Off on People of Southport: Eric
Meet Eric, our line cook. He was drawn to Southport Grocery when he read about our use of seasonal foods and our in house preservation program. He also loves breakfast...
- March 10th, 2017
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Recipes & Ideas: Orange Marmalade
Pork Tenderloin with an Orange Marmalade Cream Pan Sauce Pork and citrus are a match made in deliciousness. The mellow citrus in this pan sauce works as well with pulled...
- March 8th, 2017
- Comments Off on Bright & Sunny Lemon Curd from The Lemon Girl
Lisa, our owner, recently came across Lemon Girl’s products at a Good Food Award’s event and knew right away she wanted to bring them to our grocery shelves. Cheri Robertson,...
- March 1st, 2017
- Comments Off on Secret Supper in Review: February 2017
course by course: The first course was Italian mac n cheese. Making pasta from scratch for 50 people = a whole lot of flour & eggs! Mussels in a...
- February 28th, 2017
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Recipes & Ideas: Red Pepper Turkey Burger
These burgers are easy to put together but will make any get-together a lot more delicious! Perfect for game night or Summer BBQs. serves 3 burger components: 1 lb ground...
- February 24th, 2017
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Recipes & Ideas: Peach Butter Kielbasa Kolaches
The humble, doughy kolache first appeared in the US amid a wave of Czech immigration in the late 19th century. They are traditionally filled with dried fruits or cheese. Lisa...
- February 22nd, 2017
- Comments Off on Garden Granola
Love granola but tired of eating the same one day in, day out? Well you’ll probably love this breath of fresh (granola) air from Victory Dance Foods, a mother &...