- August 5th, 2016
- Comments Off on Preserve Periodical Volume 2 – available now!
The second volume of our preserve periodical just came out a few weeks ago and we’re super excited to have both volumes available on our shelves. It’s been a labor...
- July 21st, 2016
- Comments Off on Sweet & Smoky Maple Syrup from Sugar Bobs
This maple syrup was a finalist at this year’s Sofi Awards, chosen from 3200 entries in a blind taste test conducted by a national panel of culinary experts. And for...
- July 19th, 2016
- Comments Off on Farm in Focus: Cedar Ridge Farms
Happy chickens produce better eggs, and that’s certainly the case at Cedar Ridge Farms in Elgin, Iowa. We recently met Neal & Carolyn Lambright, the owners and sole operators of...
- June 22nd, 2016
- Comments Off on West Loop Salumi – Chicago Charcuterie
We can’t get enough of this new addition to our cooler. Have you had salami made in Chicago’s West Loop before? Didn’t think so! Greg Laketek gave up his day...
- June 3rd, 2016
- Comments Off on An Awesome Picnic Awaits
We love a good picnic once the Summer weather kicks in, so we’ve put together a list of our favorite choices for your picnic hamper. Grab one of everything, call...
- May 26th, 2016
- Comments Off on Spoiled for Choice – Cheese At Southport Grocery
What is life without cheese? Well that’s how we feel, so we always have a fridge full of different cheeses which are available in the grocery & also as part...
- May 25th, 2016
- Comments Off on May’s Secret Supper in Review
Take a peak at last week’s Secret Supper menu: -poached asparagus with oyster mushroom cream sauce & crispy ham -duck breast with udon noodles, miso broth, sesame seeds & asian...
- May 25th, 2016
- Comments Off on Purple Door – Ice Cream Dreams Come True
We just got a new shipment from Purple Door Ice Cream and we’re excited to carry some new flavors this season: Raspberry Green Tea, Brandy Old Fashioned, Beer & Pretzels....
- April 27th, 2016
- Comments Off on Mother’s Day Ideas
Whether it’s about life, school, or work, our moms are always our biggest cheerleaders. They bring us into the world and encourage us to make the most of the life...
- March 11th, 2016
- Comments Off on Galassi Pasta Sauces – family favorites in a jar
Don’t you just wish you could get a great tasting, home made style pasta sauce in a jar, rather than having to toil at the stove for an hour? Well...