- December 18th, 2016
- Comments Off on Holiday Gift Guide 2016
We’ve put together a list of our favorite grocery items for gifting this Holiday Season. There’s a good range of sweets, chocolate, drinks and of course our house made preserves....
- November 22nd, 2016
- Comments Off on Staff Picks for Winter 2016
Our staff are all food lovers and they have daily interaction with the products on our shelves. We asked everyone what they’re enjoying most right now, to give you a...
- August 25th, 2016
- Comments Off on August’s Secret Supper in Review
Have you been to Secret Supper at Southport Grocery? If not, think of it as an underground dinner – it’s a new menu every month, completely separate from our usual...
- July 13th, 2016
- Comments Off on Little Red Dot’s Bak Kwa – Yes that’s a real thing!
We didn’t know what it was either! Turns out Bak Kwa (pronounced: buck k’wah) is a salty and sweet dried meat, similar to jerky but prepared slightly differently. It’s a...
- April 19th, 2016
- Comments Off on April’s Secret Supper in review
We had a blast at this month’s Secret Supper. Our chefs, Tanner and Bill, got super creative in the kitchen, cooking up all sorts of new and exciting dishes, including...
- February 25th, 2016
- Comments Off on EPIC Animal Oils
Animal oils aren’t just for cooking – EPIC suggest plenty of fun, alternative uses on their site, including making candles, using it as a hand salve or mustache wax and...
- February 23rd, 2016
- Comments Off on EPIC Hunt and Harvest Mix – For the hunter in You
Think you know trail mix? Think again! This “wholesome trail mix for omnivores” is the innovation you’ve been waiting for. The great folks at EPIC have combined 100% grass fed,...
- February 17th, 2016
- Comments Off on Frittle ain’t your Grandma’s Brittle
Frittle reminds us of the inside of a Butterfinger except it’s SO much better! It also happens to be gluten free and vegan so it’ll make just about everyone happy....
- February 16th, 2016
- Comments Off on Chili Nib Rub – spice up your life!
If you’ve tried our Chili Nib Rub Pork Sandwich, then you’ll know that this spice mix is the stuff of dreams! It’s an incredibly versatile BBQ spice blend that we...
- February 9th, 2016
- Comments Off on Our Picks for a Fabulously Unconventional Valentine’s Gift
For the less traditional folks this Valentine’s Day, we’ve selected an awesome range of less predictable gifts that we’d actually be psyched to give or receive, some of which are...