- September 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Underground Meats Summer Sausage – Meat The Best
Sometimes it’s best to keep things short and to the point. Just as The Underground Meats folks do. Simple ingredients, real meats from some of the best quality swine and...
- May 19th, 2015
- Comments Off on Hickory Syrup – Pour A Touch Of Depth
Maple syrup has had its day in the sun, it’s time for another sap-dripping tree to have its share. Meet Hickory Syrup, from the center of Wisconsin near Big Green...
- January 15th, 2015
- Comments Off on Thymely Herbals – Steeped in Flavor
In a time when tea is packed up in dark packages, metal cylinders, and every piece of the soak is sent nearly halfway across the world – we found a...
- March 4th, 2014
- Comments Off on Nordic Creamery’s Harvest Butter – Spread The Season
Sometimes when you have friends for a long time, you don’t take the time to stop and reflect. Not that the relationship is under-appreciated, but they were seemingly always there...
- February 28th, 2014
- Comments Off on Indulgence Chocolatiers’ Bars – Beautifully Built Balances
Food rivals any other artistry, painting swaths of flavors, drawing from a lifetime of experience to create, a wide breadth of specialties, and so much more. It is this mastery...
- March 30th, 2013
- Comments Off on Quince & Apple’s Citrus – Spring Inducing Flavor
Well… they’ve done it again. With a simple word, like a spell cast over our drink, a whisper in the wind and a left hook of taste in a inconspicuous...
- February 27th, 2013
- 2 Comments
Just about smack dab in the middle of I-43, between Beloit and Milwaukee with an area dotted with lakes, and even the aptly named Honey River, East Troy nuzzles against...
- October 16th, 2012
- Comments Off on The Spice House Chicago Blends – Taste Thy Town
We’ve professed our love for The Spice House a few years ago. We did, however, fail to mention just how spectacular their Chicago blends are. Let’s not mince words here:...
- October 10th, 2012
- Comments Off on Quince & Apple – Channeling Greatness
At fancy parties like weddings and nights out, as kids, we drank these mythical pinkish sodas named after a before-our-time child actor; a mix between some kind of deep red...
- July 13th, 2012
- Comments Off on Town Hall Bakery – Jacksonport WI
Need a place to catch breakfast or a snack (or vintage shop … keep reading) while in Door County….a must is the Town Hall Bakery in Jacksonport.