- August 19th, 2013
- Comments Off on Wilks & Wilson – Old Timey Style, New Timey Goodness
Back in time aways, a time when handcrafted was less of a thing and more of ‘everyday necessity,’ back before prohibition took-hold of our favorite cocktails and seemingly erased a...
- August 12th, 2013
- Comments Off on twofold Granola – Road Tested Goodness
When life on the road starts to drag you out and the stop-and-go snacks start to taste like the pavement while making you feel like the rubber between, it’s time...
- July 23rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Dinner in Words – Monkey Bread
Some desserts require a fork, where as others sort of force the hand – or to use them! We did experimenting and took some time to create a fun and...
- June 22nd, 2013
- Comments Off on Z Confections – Born Into Sweetness
There are those who seem to just start with a wooden spoon in their hand, natural born bakers. Technically, we think, in Matthew’s case it was a whisk. Growing up...
- May 16th, 2013
- Comments Off on A Trio Of Bloody Mixes – Fit To Taste
We love Bloody Marys; so much so, we carry three very different Bloody Mary mixes from three very different makers. Here then, is each in a line up for easy...
- May 3rd, 2013
- Comments Off on Southport Grocery’s Own Rye Bread
In the world of breads there are a few treasures, some truly fantastic cuts of doughy goodness that they’re impossible to ignore. We tend to think our rye bread is...
- April 19th, 2013
- Comments Off on Our Focaccia – A Panfull Of Flavor Dimples
In the quiet mornings were the ticking of stretching oven metal begats the sound of whirring overheads and shuffling clogs, in those times when dawn breaks after clouds of flour...
- April 14th, 2013
- Comments Off on Vintage Vine – Bloody Beautiful
We’re pretty hesitant to carrying too many of one kind of product. We’ve got really limited shelf space and we want to feature the best of the best. Well, when...
- April 8th, 2013
- Comments Off on Mayana Chocolate Bars – Chef Made Flavor Elegance
On the far north side of chicago, there is a small place churning out amazing chocolate bars packed with slowly heated caramel sauce which evidence of dedication to perfecting exquisite...
- April 1st, 2013
- Comments Off on Our English Muffins – Say ‘Ello Govna’
Another recent addition to our bakery‘s repertoire – our English Muffins. These cavern filled patties can be traced as far back as the 10th century, but only became popular in...