- May 14th, 2014
- Comments Off on Big Picture Farms Big Box – More Caramels = More Happy
At Southport Grocery we’ve become fond fans of Big Picture Farms – between their adorable blog and delicious caramels it’s hard not to. Only, we had one problem: eating a...
- March 27th, 2014
- Comments Off on Pirro’s New Sauce – Pretty Boss
We’ve been close followers of Pirro’s since we picked them up last year. Now they’ve pushed out a couple of new pasta sauces that are as good if not better...
- March 4th, 2014
- Comments Off on Nordic Creamery’s Harvest Butter – Spread The Season
Sometimes when you have friends for a long time, you don’t take the time to stop and reflect. Not that the relationship is under-appreciated, but they were seemingly always there...
- November 11th, 2013
- Comments Off on Hella Bitter – The Best Bitter Brooklyners
You’ve got your small barrel aged bourbon, locally distilled vodka, heck – you’ve likely got artisan syrups; then you’ve got that old crusty bottle wrapped in paper you picked up...
- October 23rd, 2013
- 2 Comments
Finding the perfect (or more accurately – the best) dried pasta is tough. That is, until you pick up a package of Setaro pasta. The story of Setaro Pasta could...
- March 22nd, 2013
- Comments Off on Spoonable Caramel – Sweet Exploration
Take what you think you know and love about caramel and toss in rich, complex yet complimenting flavor – this from what may be the most straight-forward name to grace...
- March 13th, 2013
- Comments Off on Pancakes, Down Pat
We’re pretty big pancake people. Our menu features both our Cupcake Pancakes and Bread Pudding Pancakes. We tend to think of ourselves as some pretty big fans, and even minor...
- December 11th, 2012
- Comments Off on eSutras Flavored Agave – Sweet Tasty Fun
From the mashing up of fourteen year old plants comes a sweetener that dissipates as fast as simple sugar in drinks, like needy cocktails, or as a sugar substitute in...
- July 24th, 2012
- Comments Off on Our Pickled Beets – Red Canned Memories
A lot of the canning we do in store is bringing the old nearly forgotten recipes, those recipes that our mom’s used to make us, and making them shine again....
- May 9th, 2011
- Comments Off on Grab and Eat Our Grocery Goodies
After redesigning and creating new menus a couple of months ago, we made the jump to try and bridge the gap between our grocery and the cafe even more. We want...