- October 8th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015’s Halloween Treats – Ghoulish Goodies
We love a little holiday flair here at the store and standard Halloween goodies need an update. We brought in a handful of fall and Halloween sweets just in time...
- September 29th, 2015
- Comments Off on Urban Accents Brine Kits – Three is Key
Southport Grocery has been a long time fan of Urban Accents. We always have at least one little special thing from them on our shelves. One of the current special...
- September 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Underground Meats Summer Sausage – Meat The Best
Sometimes it’s best to keep things short and to the point. Just as The Underground Meats folks do. Simple ingredients, real meats from some of the best quality swine and...
- September 22nd, 2015
- Comments Off on Metric Coffee – Rightly Weighted Beans
We first heard rumblings of Metric Coffee just before their Good Food Award win. We heard about a couple of guys doing some very interesting things with beans. They were...
- September 16th, 2015
- Comments Off on Colonel Pabst Worcestershire – Boss Sauce
There is history to this sauce, but first we address the why. We are obsessed with finding the best things, be it vinegars for our pickles, ingredients used in the...
- September 2nd, 2015
- Comments Off on The Things We Like – Staff Picks #1
Our staff has a pretty keen eye for flavor and a daily interaction with the things on our shelf. We thought, who better than them to pick their favorite things...
- August 12th, 2015
- Comments Off on Our New Labels – Fresh Design
A lot of times it’s about who you know, it’s about the relationships you build to make the best of what you do, to have people with a particular set...
- June 17th, 2015
- Comments Off on 2015 Father’s Day Gift Guide
Dads are pretty cool folks. They were there to tell us to ‘walk it off’, make fart jokes with, and have a tea party when we asked nice enough. He...
- June 4th, 2015
- Comments Off on Lark Cookie Mixes – Superb Flavor, Easily Done
Lark Fine Foods has sent us their delicious cookies before, they are buttery, lovely and really quite good. Problem being is we don’t really carry other cookies in the grocery...
- May 19th, 2015
- Comments Off on Hickory Syrup – Pour A Touch Of Depth
Maple syrup has had its day in the sun, it’s time for another sap-dripping tree to have its share. Meet Hickory Syrup, from the center of Wisconsin near Big Green...